In 2018, Rencontres Audiovisuelles launch the very first edition of the Video Mapping Festival in Hauts-de-France Region,
in order to focus on this emerging form which is growing significantly, already present in the Fête de l’anim’ for a few years.
The Video Mapping Festival will be the flagship event of the Video Mapping European Center, a project launched last September by the association Rencontres Audiovisuelles. It will offer content for the general public, as well as for professionals and European animation and video game schools students.
Video Mapping Festival #1
March > September 2018
• Opening week-end in Lille on Friday 23rd and Saturday 24th March
– Video mapping tour in the city on March 23rd : different forms of video mapping (monument, object, video game…), to discover at your own pace in about 15 places.
Opera House, Ilôt Comtesse, Canal Saint-Pierre, Meert, Voix du Nord, Rue de Béthune, Place de la République, Palais des Beaux-Arts, Sciences Po, Natural History Museum, L’hybride, Arts et Métiers, Porte de Paris, Lille Flandres Train Station.
– Making-of, masterclasses and meetings with international artists coming from the video mapping field.
• Events in a dozen cities in the Region from April to August
Béthune (Labanque) / 7th of April
Gosnay (Chartreuse des Dames) / 14th of April
Albert (Basilica) / 21st > 28th of April
Denain (Video mapping tour in the city) / 12th of May
Villeneuve d’Ascq (LaM, Nuit des Musées) / 19th of May
Bruay-la-Buissière (Cité des Électriciens) / 2nd of June
Saint-Riquier (Abbey, Festival de l’Abbaye) / 6th > 14th of July
Verberie (Aramont Castle, Festival des Forêts) / 11th of July
Steenvoorde (Church, AMM Fest’) / 20th of July
Arras (Beffroi) / 1st of September
• Participative workshops around video mapping from January to March,
with inhabitants of the different territories hosting the Festival.
• Content dedicated to professionals and students
– Creative challenges / from March 18th to 21st (Arenberg Creative Mine)
For international animation and video game students and professionals.
3 workshops proposed: Monument / object / video game.
Screening of their work during the opening week-end.
– Professional seminary / from March 22nd to 23rd (Arenberg Creative Mine)
2-day seminary dedicated to video mapping, aimed at students and professionals in the image industry, artists, researchers and public collectivities.
Round table, meetings, conferences around the theme of “writing for video mapping” and “video mapping as a tool for public collectivities”, state of play of the research, get-together…